-
April 26th, 2003, 01:31 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Arggggh!
I couldn't figure out why I kept going to the wrong post every time I clicked on "next".
On Terry's form, if you are reading a thread and you want to quickly go to the next one, you click "next", and it takes you there.
I just discovered that to do the same thing here you have to click on "previous". That confused the heck out of me for awhile. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
April 27th, 2003, 03:34 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I've never used those buttons until you mentioned 'em. I usually just go back to the whole list and select the thread I want to jump into.
-
April 27th, 2003, 02:38 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I do that too. I think it's left over from the old days where there would be 5 people on at once all the time constently updating threads.
-
April 27th, 2003, 04:34 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I prefer to stick to the outdated methods rather than using all those new fangled buttons...goes with the name...
-
April 27th, 2003, 11:37 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Up until now, I was just going back to the main window every time too, but that gets tiring because I find this board so slow to load. Sometimes I could make a coffee in the time this board loads a new page.
Does anyone else find that? I mean, I've been on different forums, and none of them seem to load as slow as this one. *sighs*
-
April 28th, 2003, 04:00 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Maybe it's just my cable modem, but no, I don't seem to have any real trouble with this Forum...
-
April 29th, 2003, 05:24 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
This board does slow down at times, but nothing like it used to. Of course, I imagine things might feel different on a dial-up connection (if that's what you have, Gem).
-
April 30th, 2003, 07:15 AM
#8
HB Forum Owner
I think the ad banner at the top is what slows the loading down at times. The animated ads are a pain in the ass at any site. The newest pop-up ones are even worse. I was playing Spy Hunter at shockwave the other night and a pop-up ad ruined my game. How do we filter those things out?
-
May 1st, 2003, 12:02 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Actually, I have high speed internet, and no problems on any other boarrds except this one. Its not just the adds but all the images that take forever to load on this one. All other web sites load almost instantaneously for me, but this one just drags on and on.
In fact, its the number one reason I didn't join all of you over here in conversation before this.
-
May 1st, 2003, 12:43 PM
#10
HB Forum Owner
The avatars slow down the loading of a thread as well. Geekgirl's powerpuff girl used to really mess up loading for me.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 01, 2003 09:45 AM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks